Executive Director - Montana Dental Association
Due to the July 1, 2018 retirement of the MDA executive director, the Montana Dental Association, a professional association in Helena, Montana, representing approximately 650 dentists, is seeking an executive director to provide executive management and be responsible for consistent achievement of the association’s mission and financial objectives.
The Executive Director serves as the MDA’s chief managing officer and reports to an elected Board of Directors through the President. Policies and programs are established by the Board of Directors and the Executive Director is responsible for their administration, as well as the leadership and management of the staff and administrative operations. S/he will also oversee finances, contribute to and implement strategic plans, and build relationships with and influence multiple constituencies.
Key areas of responsibility include the following:
- Leadership & Management - The Board and internal stakeholders require clear and consistent communication and vision for the direction of the organization.
- Strategy/Planning - The Executive Director collaborates with the President, Executive Committee, Board, Councils, Committees, Task Forces and workgroups to plan and implement strategies and programs consistent with the organization’s mission, goals and priorities. Because leaders regularly change, it is incumbent upon the Executive Director to provide the ongoing leadership and vision necessary to maintain a beneficial, responsive organization.
- Operations/Finance - The Executive Director works with staff to maintain the financial health, stability, and transparency of MDA, including budget development that meets member and organizational needs. Membership recruitment and retention are critical, and often require an entrepreneurial spirit and business acumen.
- Communications & External Relations - The Executive Director represents the MDA to the professional community, industry groups, membership, and the general public. S/he must effectively communicate with the MDA board, its officers, council chairs, staff, and members, in addition to news media, other organizations, associations, and boards. The executive director provides representation for the MDA to regulatory boards, legislature, and manages lobbying efforts and advocacy activities.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree is desired.
- Significant experience in management and executive level responsibilities in an association or other similar organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant experience in legislative and regulatory affairs.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Interested individuals should send a resume, salary expectations and other information regarding qualifications to:
Montana Dental Association
c/o Search Committee
PO Box 1154
Helena MT 59624
All applications will be retained in confidence and provided to the association Search Committee. Information from finalists considered for the position will be provided to the MDA Board of Directors.
Additional information on the application process may be obtained at execdir@MontanaDental.org
Applications must be received no later than December 31, 2017.
Click for PDF version of this announcement