COVID-19 Dental Practice Business Concerns 3/17/20
The MDA central office staff is working with ADA and other states to provide answers to dental practices such as:
1. How will FMLA affect my business and what can I tell employees?
2. Are there business insurance clauses I can identify that will tell me if this emergency counts as a loss?
3. What does the State of Montana offer for unemployment insurance if I shut down for three weeks?
4. Where can I access funds that may be reimbursed later through economic stimulus?
We are working on the first three and have an answer for #4.:
The SBA will work directly with state Governors to provide targeted, low-interest loans to small businesses and non-profits that have been severely impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program provides small businesses with working capital loans of up to $2 million that can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing.
- Find more information on the SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans at: SBA.gov/Disaster.
Guidance for Businesses and Employers
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) offers the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. This interim guidance is based on what is currently known about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). For updates from CDC, please see the following:
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers to Plan and Respond to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Preventing Stigma Related to COVID-19
- Share Facts about COVID-19
- CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Web page
- Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Prevention, Symptoms and FAQ
MDA will update you on any additional relevant information as it becomes available.